星期六, 7月 30, 2005

Salaam aleikom sobh bekheir,

Haven’t been sleeping well for the past few days.

Perhaps, I’m bothered by the inevitable; the end of my learning journey in this war- ravaged land is drawing closer. I couldn’t help but feel inadequate, for my contribution here is pittance. Very soon, I’ll be heading back to the surreal place I called home, to that skin which I have grown so accustom to, steeling my emotions to stay on top of the game.

Three days ago, I sighted a shooting star while pondering. People say if you wish upon it, your dream(s) will come true. So, I did. It was a simple wish. You have to be having a wonderful time now. I sincerely hope so. Shane would say I am so noble, but I am not. I just know that deep down; I still care a lot about you. Regardless of what that has transpired or lack of. Am I still a valued friend? I do not know. (Sigh)

Made a couple of new friends here and reconnected with T. I couldn’t help but ponder if I would be here today if I had taken the default route years ago. The answer should be no. I would have been so preoccupied in my own cocoon that I would care less about the “lesser beings”. Make no mistake about it; I’ll be the elitist that I so loathe now.

I do hope that I can have a chance to visit Bamyan before I leave. Hmm, my signals are getting weaker; better post this entry before I get disconnected.

Tata.